Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

It's fair to say Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I can't put my finger on why this is exactly. It's not like anyone poisoned my candy, or like I was ever frightened so bad that I peed my princess costume. And it's not like my mom ever dressed me up in anything so ridiculous on Halloween that I just couldn't face my first grade class on November 1st. (Looking back, that Hershey Kiss costume in kindergarten was actually kind of amazing)! With my unwarranted lack of enthusiasm for Halloween aside, I do, however, enjoy a good fright in a spooky haunted house and can appreciate a beautiful, crisp fall night searching for our perfect pumpkin at a pumpkin patch!


We definitely drove 60 miles south to Canon City, CO because Eric found a pumpkin patch that had a corn maze! Totally worth it!





Especially since they had a corn bin that Brody could play in too!


Although Brody couldn't participate in carving, we sure had fun turning our pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns.


Our Masterpieces!

Halloween was low key and wonderful. We spent time in the kitchen making some homemade beef stew and simultaneously handing out candy to rugrats.




We also met more of our neighbors, two of which brew their own beer and just so happen to live directly across the street. Lucky for us, they also like to share! I wonder what Eric's next hobby will be?


So, I guess Halloween isn't terrrrrible I'm just much more of a Thanksgiving and Christmas kinda girl.

Next year I promise to try and get into the spirit a little more and maybe even come up with a creative costume. If not for me, at least for Brody.

No comments:

Post a Comment