When you live in an area as desolate as Edwards AFB and you get the opportunity to leave you JUMP on it! Which is why when Eric was sent TDY to San Diego for a NATO Conference I did not hesitate to tag along!
We spent the weekend beforehand at my parent’s house in Orange County where we were able to relax a bit and drop off our puppy, Brody, before heading further on down the coast.
Meet Brody:
On our way to San Diego we stopped at a brewery called Green Flash recommended to us by some friends of ours. This was my 4th trip to San Diego this year and oddly enough, my first time going beer tasting in a city that is known for its many microbreweries. Green Flash was a great place to spend the day and had many tasty brews to enjoy (my favorite was Trippell).
The weather in San Diego was AMAZING- the best I have ever experienced there! We stayed at the Marriott on Coronado Island and had an amazing view from our room.
I spent my days in San Diego lying out by the pool, and luckily Eric had a fair amount of free time. We took walks around the island, checked out some of the local pubs, and enjoyed the local cuisine. On Monday night, I was able to join Eric at the Welcome Reception and meet some of the other people from various countries attending the event. It was an amazing night!
I was enjoying the beautiful weather, Coronado Island, and the company of my husband so much that it was hard to leave them all behind on Tuesday night when I had to jump on the train and head back to OC. It was a beautiful sunset ride on the Surfliner and the views from my window seat were spectacular.
It was the perfect way to set the mood for my two days of pampering. This little desert rat got herself a haircut, mani pedi, and a spray tan! Yup, I was all gussied up and ready for a girls Bachelorette weekend in Las Vegas!
Vegas was a heck of a good time, as always. But I was more than ready to be reunited with my husband and our fur baby and head back home to Edwards! And there is no destination that is better than going HOME! Even if it is just for four days!
No comments:
Post a Comment