Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Times They Are A-Changin'

The idea of starting a blog has been in the back of my mind since the day I loaded my Nissan Sentra with all of my belongings and drove away from everything I've ever known and loved in beautiful Orange County, CA. That was September 6th, 2010 (over a year and a half ago now!) and today I finally sat down and brought that idea to fruition.
So much has changed since then! (For one, the Nissan Sentra has been replaced with a Toyota FJ Cruiser!) Shortly after I made the move to Rosamond we got engaged! Most of the time that I spent as a Rosamond resident I was planning my wedding. So, while outside my front door there was a dry, dusty, lonely desert, inside it was fluffy dresses, flowers, linens, cakes, and all things wedding! It was more than enough to keep me busy.
After our June 24th, 2011 Wedding Day, I finally had a military ID and could not get into base housing fast enough! On September 6th, 2011 (exactly one year from when I moved to Rosamond) we were moving once again just 15 miles down the road into a community I was excited to be a part of. Living on base brought us instant community, safety, and peace of mind. The past seven months that we have spent living on Edwards AFB have been a breath of fresh air.
And now there are new adventures ahead for us. In late February, we found out we are moving on July 17th to Colorado Springs, Colorado!  It is my hope that this blog will be able to serve as a window into our lives in Colorado (or wherever!). You can peer into it from time to time, every day or every hour, and hopefully it will make the times that we do get to see each other feel less and less far apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment